Wednesday, September 21, 2016

We've Been Programed!!!

So at work today I noticed that we have programed responses....

Yeah just like a computer we have conditioned to say certain things. How many times today has someone asked you how you were doing and with pausing to think, you reply with your typical answer; fine, im okay, good, finer than a frogs hair (my dads favorite). And at the end of your interaction when they say have a good day, you reply "you too".

Now this is NOT a conspiracy theory! The government is not tampering with our brains. These responses are not wrong or bad in any way, but often they are insincere. I know for me its easier to tell every one Im doing good, even when before talked to them I was wiping tears from my eyes. Id rather LIE and tell them in not falling apart, or tiered, or in a really bad mood. Why is this??? Is it because we don't want people to know we aren't perfect? or simply our personal business? Is it because it would take 4 more seconds to give a truthful answer? Do we think the other person wont care? do we not want to burden other people with our problems?  I know I have used all these reasons to rationalize lying. Im sure you have your set of reasons too.
Now I have some sympathy when this is done to complete strangers, but when we do this to people we know! WHY????? They already know a lot about us. Why can't we be honest with them for 4 seconds!?!?! Im guilty of this, just as much as the next person. I refuse to blame social media for this, because I've been doing this way longer than I've been on FaceBook, or had a cell phone.
I honestly don't understand why I do this. It bothers me to no end that I do it, yet breaking a habit after 8+ years!?!?!? its going to be hard... but I want to stop being so insincere with my conversations. Maybe just maybe, it'll make my days better, to the point where replying with a good, it the truth.
*END RANT*
I hope you have a great day, (really I do)  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment