Monday, November 23, 2015

Family means Identity

So.... The holidays in my house, are a time when family is all together and we eat way more than we have all year and tell those stories that you had to let the statutes of limitations run out on.

Well I have been thinking allot about my family the last couple of weeks. and its not been easy because Frankly I miss them. when I moved out I lost a part of my identity as a "smith-girl" to many of the people around me I was simply one of the smith-girls, we had a good reputation, and if you found one of us you were sure to find at least one other close by.

I have been doing things with out anyone... yesterday I went to church by my self... I can hardly remember a time that has ever happened before. We always went to church together, and if one of us was missing everyone asked about them. Part of my identity was my family.

I am excited to see them again soon. My sister Nathalie is coming out for thanksgiving, she is going to stay with my one night, and I have a feeling that  we wont get much sleep. I look forward to when we all sit around my memes big table and try and talk over the person next to us just to be heard. (it gets very loud) the endless laughter and constant jesting.

My family has grown in the last year, Abby got married, and so Justin will be joining us as a member of the family this year. I will also be partaking in some of Trey's family traditions. I have gained friends that are close like family as well. They spend countless hours listening to my endless worries and tell me so is life. they help me and support me emotionally, as my "blood" family does.


I hope you all have a family to spend your holidays with. Regardless of where you are or who they are, and even what holidays you will be celebrating. Family wither "blood" or not is a very valuable thing to have. :)

Some pictures of my family :) <3 Love you all, And have a Wounder full Thanksgiving :) <3


Nathalie Abby, Me

All of us as of 2010, in North Carolina 

Christmas ?? a few years ago..

Us girls more years ago....

Mom and I at the revival meetings, 2012?

My High school graduation, June 2015

Nathalie's College graduation May 2015

Abby/Justin's wedding August 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment