Monday, November 5, 2018

Memories

Life hasn't been easy, but then, no ones is. I have been so homesick since my last visit home. The holidays and colder weather don't seem to be helping.  I spend a lot of time in the house with the babies which leaves me to get in my own head. Usually this leads to anxiety issues, lately though I've been thinking about how things used to be. Things me and my sisters did growing up, playing side all summer, showing goats and going to all the fairs. Baking with Shay when he was little and needed a chair to reach the counter. Painting the girls nails, and drawing mustaches and uni-brows on all of them before Lauren woke up.  Remembering the first time I realized Trey liked me. It was like the second or third time we had hung out at school. We walked around for a bit talking about the "black-sheep" of our families.   We swapped many stories of things our aunts and uncles had done as kids. We went to the Cyber Cafe and sat by the window and kept talking. I was staring out the window, and he was just watching me. We talked for a bit more then had to go to class. That was more than 4 years ago, the weeks that followed we talked more and more. My friends started to notice that he was with me when ever I was at school. Im pretty sure he came to school just to see me a few times. I could go through a thousand little moments like that. Where he didn't say anything but I new he loved me.

Little things, little moments with the people I love, those are what I miss the most. Trey and I are constantly saying how we miss the little things. Cuddling after a bad day, food shopping, driving around singing loudly, and many more little moments we didn't expect to miss. If there was one thing we have learned through this LDR, is to cherish the small things, and never take them for granted.
I will be home for a visit soon, I am very excited about spending thanksgiving with our families. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment